Thursday, October 30, 2008

German Olympic Women Pose Nude For Playboy


Four German Olympians will appear as September cover girls for the country's edition of Playboy, the magazine's publishers said on Wednesday. The release date is Thursday, August 14, 2008.
Topless photos of hockey player Katharina Scholz, sailor Petra Niemann, judo competitor Romy Tarangul and canoeist Nicole Reinhardt are published on four alternative front covers of the latest German edition of the adult magazine.

Sailor Petra Niemann, field hockey striker Katharina Scholz, canoeist Nicole Reinhardt and judo fighter Romy Tarangul will add their names to the growing list of athletes getting their kit off for cash or a cause.

American Olympic swimming champion Amanda Beard posed naked in Playboy last year, and in Beijing stripped for a campaign to end the fur trade, while British athletes have been photographed naked to advertise a sports drink.

Germany's Reinhardt, who is pictured with her legs around a paddle, reassured Playboy that she had not developed unattractively large arm muscles during training.

"I don't need thick arms," the 22-year-old said. "In canoeing it's about technique, thank God."

Tarangul told the magazine men now appreciated she could be good at judo without being an "un-feminine muscular Amazon."

Germany's Playboy will have four different covers for the first time when it is published on Thursday, each dedicated to one of the sportswomen.

Scholz defended her decision, the Telegraph reported.

"For me it was a good opportunity, and maybe when I look back after a few years I will be proud of it,” she said. “Not everybody can go on the cover of Playboy. I did it because I am confident of my body and myself."

"It wasn't a group decision, we haven't seen each other. The shooting was separate. Everyone decided it for themselves.”


Reinhardt poses with only a canoe paddle to protect her modesty, while Niemann is shown tugging on a sailing rope over her head.

Scholz defended her decision to pose nude but said that she had no plans for a future in modeling.

"For me it was a good opportunity, and maybe when I look back after a few years I will be proud of it,” the 25-year-old said.

“Not everybody can go on the cover of Playboy. I did it because I am confident of my body and myself."

She added: "It wasn't a group decision, we haven't seen each other. The shooting was separate. Everyone decided it for themselves.”

The four Germans are not the first Olympic athletes to strip off for extra publicity.

US Olympic swimming champion Amanda Beard posed naked in Playboy last year, and three British athletes including triple jumper Phillips Idowu bared all as part of an advertising campaign ahead of this year’s Games.



Romy Tarangul (20) of Frankfurt: Tarangul, the judo competitor was already eliminated after only a couple of days. Tarangul said, “I can beat up men with my sport.”







Petra Niemann (30) of Berlin: This is her third time at the Olympics, and she hopes to finally bring home her first medal from Beijing. She said: “I work extra hard with my psychologist. He advised me to concentrate on the high point of the year above everything else.





Nicole Reinhardt, (22) of Mannheim: Champion kayaker and one of the most attractive ladies of the Olympic team. Reinhardt said, “Thank God kayaking is all about technique. There are women who have much bigger and stronger arms.”







Katharina Scholz (25): Scholz plays field hockey, and is the second of her teammates to make it into Playboy. Four years ago, fellow player Fanny Rinne (28) also graced the magazine’s pages. Sholz said, “In hockey, we wear underwear and no armour under our skirts.”





No comments:

Post a Comment